Holiday Cranberry Sauce
- 8 ounces fresh organic cranberries
- 1/2 cup spring or filtered water
- Stevia to taste
- 1 good squeeze of lemon, lime or orange
- Lemon, lime or orange peel (if desired) to taste
- Cinnamon, freshly ground to taste
- Nutmeg, freshly ground to taste
- Cloves, freshly ground to taste
Rinse and drain the cranberries and place in a small pot. Add the water and a squeeze of fresh lemon, lime or orange. Add some of the grated peel if desired. Bring to a simmer and add stevia to taste. Stevia is a concentrated sweetener. I use a knife point rather than a measuring spoon to add the smallest possible increments and taste it until it is just right. Stirring frequently, simmer for five minutes or until the cranberries burst and form a sauce. Add additional water if desired. Place in serving dish, cover and refrigerate until chilled.
About the Cook:
This recipe is NTP-approved and came from AcuNatural Family Healthcare - www.acunatural.com.